A successful party always calls for great finger-foods. Imagine a lively chat with your friends and family with a boring food for company! Doesn’t sound much appealing right? And that’s why spicy food with a playful tang is a must-have in parties, picnics, potlucks or casual get-togethers. And when it comes to flavorsome food, Mexican dishes work best to keep up with the dynamic spirit of such events.
Quesadillas happen to be one of my personal Mexican favorite. Their yum flavor is not the only reason behind my biasness. Making quesadillas never call for any particular ingredients. All you need are the veggies which you feel like eating (and have within your reach!), cheese and tortillas – the rest is a cakewalk. I love its versatility!
This recipe of quesadillas feature spinach and squash as its core ingredients. The crunchy leafy green and the sweet squash works like magic to the dish! They pair perfectly with the spicy kick of the salsa while cheese turns the entire ensemble into an absolute pleasure. It’s bound to be an instant hit at social occasions.
So grab the ingredients and rush to the kitchen to make your very own home-made quesadillas.
Heat up the pan.
Spray tiny bit of oil.
Place tortilla and heat for 20 secs.
Place tortilla on a flat surface
Fold tortilla in half.
Transfer to a pan. Cook tortilla.
Both sides are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- wheat tortilla - 1
- salsa sauce - 1 tbsp.
- monterey jack cheese
- tomato - 1/3, sliced (optional)
- onion - 1/4, sliced
- squash - 1/4, sliced
- bell pepper - 1/4, sliced
- spinach - 3/4 cup, chopped
- broccoli - 1/4 cup, chopped
- avocado - 1/2, sliced (optional)
- jalapeño - jalapeño (optional - for heat)
- In a clean pan, drizzle tiny bit of oil and bring to medium high heat. Place the tortilla and heat for 20 seconds.
- Place tortilla on a flat surface. Spread salsa over the tortilla. Sprinkle monterrey jack cheese. Divide the squash, bell pepper, tomato, onion, broccoli, spinach, avocado, and jalapeno on tortilla. Fold tortilla in half.
- Transfer to a pan. Cook tortilla over medium, flipping halfway through, until both sides are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.