Scorched by the summer heat? Grab a large glass of sweet lassi (sweet yogurt drink), sip and beat the heat-Indian style!
This creamy yogurt, slightly sweet drink is a jewel among my Indian drink collection and never fails to please its takers. Its striking contrast of sweet and tangy flavors rejuvenates the most jaded soul and serves as a great base for your favorite add-ons.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 glass
- yogurt - 1 cup
- water - 1/2 cup, (chilled)
- sugar - 3-5 tsp or to taste
- cardamon powder - 1/4 tsp
- ice cubes - few
- pistachios/almonds - for garnishing. (finely chopped)
- Whisk yogurt in a bowl
- Add water and mix well
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and whisk until all is frothy.
- Add ice cubes and mix
- Pour into a glass and garnish with nuts.
- Serve.... enjoy
1. Water can be replaced with milk for cream.
2. You can put all ingredients except nuts into a blender to blend.
3. You can substitute sugar for honey.
Step by Step Photos: Sweet Lassi (Sweet Yogurt Drink)
1. Whisk yogurt in a bowl
2. Add water and mix well
3. Add sugar and cardamom powder and whisk until all is frothy.
4. Add ice cubes and mix
5. Pour into a glass and garnish with nuts.
6. Serve…. enjoy