This dish is all about freshness, simplicity and a mélange of flavors. The tangy tomatoes, aromatic basil and the mellow kalamata olives teams up with the bow-tie pasta to bring out the authentic Italian essence in this dish. My kids are in love with its vibrant colors while I’m bowled over by its simplicity! After all its one of those few pasta dishes which calls for minimal cooking. Simply toss the ingredients together and this pasta salad is ready to please everyone. Though I avoid adding cheese to keep the calories low, but you may consider adding feta or mozzarella for a creamy touch.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- bow tie pasta - 3 cups
- basil - 1/2 cup, sliced
- kalamata olives - 1/2 cup, sliced
- cherry tomatoes - 2 cups, halved
- capers - 1/2 cup
- olive oil - 2 tbsp
- balsamic vinegar - 1 tsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- red pepper flakes - 3/4 tsp
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Then drain.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, cover and shake well until well incorporated.
- Serve cold or warm with salad or bread.