This margherita flatbread pizza is one of the quickest and yummiest ways to enjoy pizza. Grab a store-bought flatbread pizza crust, jazz it up with your favorite toppings and wait for just 10 minutes while it bakes in the oven. And did I tell you that this pizza recipe doesn’t call for any sauce for the topping base? The crispy thin crust and the fresh combination of tomato-garlic-basil topping make it taste so satisfying that you hardly miss the sauce! This pizza recipe is particularly great to satisfy sudden pizza craving or when you have some surprise guests to feed.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- flatbread pizza crust - 12-inch, (store bought)
- olive oil - 1 tsp, (or less)
- mozzarella cheese
- tomatoes - 2
- basil - fresh, (thinly sliced)
- clove garlics - 2
- salt - (optional)
- black pepper - (optional)
- red pepper flakes - (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees.
- Brush or spray olive oil over flatbread.
- Sprinkle the garlic slices over flatbread.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and sliced tomatoes and 6-7 pieces of basil and then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper (This is optional).
- Bake for 10 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle fresh basil on top.
- Serve with red pepper flakes (optional)
NOTE - Step by Step Photos below.
Step by Step Photos: Margherita Flatbread Pizza
1. Preheat oven to 450 F degrees. Cut the vegetables.
2. Brush or spray olive oil over flatbread.
3. Sprinkle the garlic slices over flatbread.
4. Top with mozzarella cheese.
5. Top with sliced tomatoes
6. 6-7 pieces of basil and then top with mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until bubbly.
8. Sprinkle fresh basil on top.