Pizza has always been a favorite in our family. After trying so many pizza recipes, this thick crust pizza is a definite winner! The thick crust makes the pizza even more delectable, creating an added layer to sink your teeth in. This pizza recipe is sure to be a hit, leaving everyone asking for more!
Yield: 3 12-inch pizzas
- All purpose flour - 3 cups
- salt - 2 tsp [updated]
- sugar - 1 tsp [updated]
- oil - 1/2 cup
- instant yeast - 1 tbsp [updated]
- water - 1 cup or as needed
- shredded mozzarella
- tomato sauce/ragu sauce
- toppings - of choice: olives, jalapenos, onion, bell pepper
- Mix salt, sugar, yeast, flour together.
- Add oil and begin to knead.
- Add water and knead until a dough consistency forms.
- Leave the dough aside in a warm place for about 3-4 hours.
- Divide the dough into three parts.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Form into a ball shape and roll out into a round pizza shape.
- Spread the tomato sauce onto the pizza.
- Put the pizza into the oven for 7-8 minutes until the pizza is halfway done.
- Take the pizza out and add the rest of the toppings.
- Put the pizza back into the oven for about 7 more minutes or until ready.