I have found another delicious way to use my homemade pumpkin puree – pumpkin hummus. This creamy, orange-hued dip is to die for! The natural sweet flavors of the pumpkin, along with a dash of spices spike up the yum factor manifold and is bound to make its takers happy. Apart from being great taste wise, this pumpkin hummus also gives you a chance to show your own creativity.
So play around with the ingredients- pep it up with a hint of red/chilli pepper or whiz in more pumpkin puree. But no matter how you prepare it, don’t forget to serve it with tortilla or pita chips!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- chickpeas - 2 cup, (boiled)
- garlic - 2, cloves (minced)
- lemon juice - 4 tablespoons
- water - 4 tablespoons
- tahini - 3 tablespoons, or sesame seeds 4 1/2 tsp
- pumpkin puree - 1/2 cup
- cumin - 1 teaspoon
- salt - 1 teaspoon
- chilli pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- Put chickpea, garlic cloves, lemon juice, water, and tahini/sesame seeds in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add pumpkin and seasonings and blend until well incorporated.
- Put 1 tablespoon olive oil and blend and then add another 1 tablespoon olive oil and then blend and put the rest of olive oil and blend.
- Taste and adjust any seasonings to your taste.
Adapted from LCBO Food & Drink