During the summer, all I really want to eat is yogurt because it is light and it keeps you cool as well! I recently tried Greek yogurt and fell in love with it. After all, who wouldn’t like a yogurt that doesn’t come with added preservatives and chemicals and is actually healthy?
Because mint is commonly used in Indian cuisine and is also extremely cooling, I thought why not put the two together and whip something up. Turns out, this pudina raita (mint yogurt) was delicious and as cliche as it may sound, it really did cool me down!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Greek yogurt - 2 cup, plain
- mint leaves - handful
- carrot - ½, (grated)
- salt - ¼ tsp
- black salt - ¼ tsp
- black pepper - ¼ tsp
- roasted cumin seed powder - ½ tsp
- Wash the mint leaves and blend in a blender to form a mint paste (sauce-like consistency)
- Whisk the Greek yogurt until it becomes smooth
- Add the mint paste, salt, black salt, black pepper, roasted cumin seed powder and mix well
- Garnish with grated carrots