Though a Japanese Culinary masterpiece, the raw aspect of sushi might not appeal many. But imagination and right choice of ingredients can make sushi taste like never before. Take a cue from this recipe. It’s basically a PB&J sandwich disguised as ‘sushi’ to ensure that you enjoy the best of both the dishes. The classic combination of nutty peanut butter and sweet jelly always makes my kids happy. So when slathered on bread and molded into rolls, pinwheel of colors is bound to make them reach out for this sweet snack in no time. Even the adults will fall in love with these PB&J sushi rolls!
Step by Step Photos: PB&J Sushi Rolls Recipe
2. Flatten bread using a rolling pin.
3. Remove the crusts from the bread.
4. Spread peanut butter.
5. Spread jelly.
6. Roll each slice into a spiral.
7. Cut each spiral into 4 pieces.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
- slices of bread - 2
- creamy peanut butter
- jam, jelly, or any preserves - I use strawberry jam
- Flatten bread using a rolling pin.
- Remove the crusts from the bread.
- Spread peanut butter and jam spread on each slice of bread
- Roll each slice into a spiral.
- Cut each spiral into 4 pieces.