Garlic and mushrooms go hand in hand. No wonder the classic dish of garlic-mushrooms on toast is popular all over the world. There is something about the combination of crusty bread, rustic-flavored mushrooms and the aromatic garlic which makes this simple recipe a winner! I took a step further and sautéed the mushrooms with parsley and lemon pepper for more flavors and the outcome was indeed super-delicious! Next time, I’m planning to add a dollop of crème fraiche or clotted cream on top to fill it with creamy goodness.
Preparing mushroom-garlic toast doesn’t need a chef’s skill. But the tendency of mushrooms to release juices when being cooked can be a little troublesome, especially when you dump them on toast. The bread will absorb the juice and end up soggy! To avoid it, stir the mushrooms briskly over high flame and brown before they get the chance to become watery. A large shallow skillet will do the trick!
Traditionally, mushroom-garlic toast is savored as a light lunch or tea-time treat. But I usually serve it at parties and simply snack on them while watching my favorite TV show. No matter when you enjoy mushroom-garlic toast, it will never fail to please your taste buds with its simple yet earthy flavors.
Heat the oil in a large shallow skillet.
Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
Toss the parsley into the mushroom.
Toast the French bread slices in the oven turning once.
Use high broiler for a few mins until breads turn brown.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- olive oil - 2 tablespoon
- garlic cloves - 2, minced
- mushrooms - 3 cup
- parsley - 1-2 tbsp, chopped
- salt - to taste
- black pepper - to taste
- lemon pepper - to taste
- French bread - 6 slices
- *Note - Add red powder for extra flavor if liked.
- Heat the oil in a large shallow skillet.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
- Toss the parsley into the mushrooms and mix well.
- Add salt, black pepper, lemon pepper to the mixture and mix well.
- Toast the French bread slices in the oven turning once. Use high broiler for a few mins until breads turn brown.
- Transfer the toasts to plate.
- Spread the mushroom mixture over the bread.
- Serve immediately!