This black bean and corn salad with avocado is a chock full of health which appeals to the taste buds of all ages. Splash of a naïve lime dressing is all you need to tie the flavors of mellowing black beans and crunchy veggies to taste something exotic. Even its vibrant hue makes it an eye-candy and is bound to make you drool even before you take a mouthful. Simply spare 10 minutes of your time and a refreshing salad is ready to steal the highlight in picnic and parties. Use tortilla chips to scoop up the salad or serve it as a side dish. You’ll definitely love it; just like my family and me!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- corn - 1 cup, frozen
- green pepper - 1/4, diced
- tomato - 1/2 medium, diced
- lemon - 1/2
- green onion - 1, diced
- avocado - 1/2, diced
- onion - 1/4, diced
- vegetable oil or olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- cilantro - 1 tablespoon, fresh, chopped
- black beans - 7-8 oz can
- salt - pinch
- black pepper - pinch
- red pepper - pinch
- Put frozen corn in microwave for 30 secs.
- Put green pepper, corn, tomato, black beans, green onion, avocado, onion, cilantro in a medium bowl.
- Squeeze lemon.
- Add oil.
- Sprinkle in a pinch of salt and pepper and add red pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients together.