There’s something about Bombay street food that makes me instantly happy! Nothing beats the delicious taste of warm, crispy batata vadas in your mouth! I love cooking this recipe for my family, especially because my kids enjoy these batata vadas just as much as I do. If you want to try something even more satisfying, spread some butter on two burger buns and heat them up on the stove. Pop these vadas between the two buns, add some chutney, and enjoy! You and your family will truly love eating this Bombay delicacy!
Yield: 24 vadas
- potatoes - 6
- curry leaves
- mustard seeds - 1 tbsp
- salt - 2 tbsp
- chili powder - pinch
- sugar - 1 tbsp
- Gram Flour Paste
- gram flour - 1/2 cup
- salt - 3/4 tbsp
- Boil the potatoes and remove the skin. Mash the potatoes and put aside.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan.
- Add curry leaves, mustard seeds to the pan. Add the mashed potatoes.
- Add the sugar, salt, and chili powder.
- Turn off the gas and shape the potatoes into round balls.
- In a separate bowl, add 1/2 cup gram flour, water, and salt to make a paste. The paste should be not too thick and not too thin.
- Dunk the potato ball into the flour paste coating and fry.